IRC [Join]: @CloneBot, grew

think

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: :: !! Clone Tracks & Mixes !! ::  (Read 7719 times)
MarkD
El Cid
Maximus Clonius Godius

your numbers: +617/-18

I need energy!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2009, 03:35:57 PM »

New feature!  Been working on it for a while now, and it's finally ready to go live.

Clones may now upload and host their own mixes and self-made tracks & remixes right here on DetroitLuv!  All in-house.  No more need to use outside file hosting sources, etc.

Any registered member can download and comment on your mix or track, just like using the normal message board.  Guests cannot see this section, nor download anything from it.

Clones with the "Clone Tracks" access may post and upload your mp3 files.  For the time being, the upload access will be granted on an individual basis.  You must PM either me or Jimmy to gain this access.  Once I am sure the system is working the way I designed it, and all the sure-to-happen bugs are worked out, as well as making sure no one is abusing the system, I will open it up to all registered members.

Here's how it works:

For registered members, just click the "Clone Tracks & Mixes" tab at the top and you'll be taken to the system where you can download either mixes or tracks.  Or just view the child-boards "Clone Mixes" or "Clone Tracks" of the "Warehouse" forum.

For "Clone Tracks" members, this link will provide you with a few other options.  To upload a track or mix:
  • Click on the "My Files" link to the right
  • then "ADD A TRACK OR MIX" link in the middle

Then it's like making a normal post, and adding your mp3 file.  Type in the name of your mix or track or whatever you want in the "Title" field, select whether or not it is a "Mix" or a "Track", fill out a description, choose your mp3 file, and add it up. You may upload up to 150mb for each file.  You must be on a broadband connection or you run the risk of your browser session timing out, especially with large uploads.  By broadband, I mean you should at least get 250k/s upstream.  If your provider gives you a 6mb line down, but caps you at 50k/s up, trying to post a mix will probably not work for you.  While your browser will prompt you for "All Files" when you go to make the upload, you can only upload MP3 files.  Don't waste the server's time by trying to upload anything else.  Once your upload is complete (there is a progress bar detailing how many bytes have been uploaded), it will be added to the system and it will also auto-generate a thread in the board section you chose to place the file ("Clone Mixes" or "Clone Tracks" which are subforums of "Warehouse").  The thread will consist of your title as the topic title, your description as the body of the post, and a link to your file.  From there people can either reply to your topic or simply click the download link out of it.  If you choose to delete your file, back in the "My Files" section, there'll be a link to delete the file next to the listing of your file.  However, if you do this, please also go to the appropriate board and delete your auto-generated thread (sorry, there's a bug that I need to figure out to have it do this automatically - so in the meantime, follow these steps), which you have the access to do.

To keep file sizes in a decent range, feel free to encode your track at 320, but it would be best to keep your mix no more than 192, and even think about dropping the rate as low as 128.  An eight minute track at 320 is around 20mb.  An 80-minute CD encoded at 192 is around 115mb.  The same CD encoded at 128 is around 60mb, and still sounds just as good.  Smiley

That's pretty much it.  My next project will be to add lo-fi streaming to your mp3, so people can listen to it on demand before deciding to download it.

Any questions, post em here, or send me a PM.

If you use it and like it, show some   [[ no lurker link viewing ]]
[[ please clone up or clone in ]]
respect
.  If I've wasted my time and energy, trust me, it won't be the first time!

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 04:51:49 PM by MarkD » Logged

So Damn Tough!

MarkD
El Cid
Maximus Clonius Godius

your numbers: +617/-18

I need energy!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 12:40:02 AM »

Didn't realize the PHP upgrade I did when the server crashed broke my coding on this completely.   Just happened to check it tonight.

Needless to say, it's fixed now.  Smiley
xcoldricex
Fetus Clone

your numbers: +0/-0

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 09:48:41 PM »

this was asked above but wasn't answered... how do you become a clones track member?
MAJIKCaPs
Fetus Clone

your numbers: +2/-2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 12:51:34 AM »

Grin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: